What are the Solutions for Skype Database Error?Jessica G. Lee
When you log out from Skype and after some time when you are trying to login back, you can sometimes encounter an error message showing “Skype database error”. In this case, Windows can prompt you to restart your device. When this typical database error shows up, the Skype database gets corrupted or may even be get deleted by itself.
This error can also corrupt your computer. So, if you are searching for solutions to resolve this issue, you can follow this article to the end.
It contains some useful guidelines to resolve this error in a quick and easy manner.
How to Resolve Skype Database Error
Here are some useful methods which you can utilize to eliminate this Skype database error. Try to follow the fixes one by one until you overcome this issue.
Method 1: Reset Skype Settings
Several users have reported that they are getting this error due to some inappropriate settings of Skype. And they can fix this error by deleting certain files from their PC.
Try to follow these steps:
- First of all, close the Skype application completely.
- Now, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time to launch the Run dialog box. In this dialog box, enter %appdata% and hit the Enter button to continue.
- When you see the roaming folder opens, you need to locate the Skype folder and rename it as Skype_old.
- Now, locate the DbTemp folder and delete it.
- After that, you need to restart Skype and check if this error persists or not.
This process is a simple one. After deleting the files Skype will reset to default and the problem will be resolved. Now, if you are concerned about the messages, no need to worry, these are stored in the Skype_old folder which you have created.
Method 2: Download The Latest Version of Skype
In case, Microsoft notices that this is a problem related to the version of Skype you are using, Microsoft will address it and will resolve it in the next version. So, you can download the latest version of Skype from the Windows Store or the official website of Skype.
Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the version and check whether it resolves the error or not.
If the error persists, try to follow the alternative method given below.
Method 3: Reset the Host File
Host file allows you to assign certain IP addresses on the internet. This file is an extremely important one but it can also be a target for malicious programs. Malicious applications can modify the host file as a result of which you can encounter this database error. In order to reset the host file, try to go to the official website of Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.
Method 4: Restore Skype Contacts
In order to restore Skype contacts, try out these steps:
- First of all, navigate to the official website of Skype and log in with Skype login credentials.
- After that, you need to choose Contacts from the toolbar and then navigate to the option named Advanced.
- Next, click on Restore contacts from the file.
- Now, select the Open option after restoring the contacts.
Hence you will be able to resort Skype contacts. After that, check if the error is fixed or not. If it continues to show, try to follow the next method.
Method 5: Reset the Skype Application
You can also reset the Skype application to resolve this error. In order to perform this action, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, press the Windows key and the I key at the same time from the keyboard. This will open the Settings.
- Then, in the Settings Window, select Apps and click on the App settings.
- Now, select Skype from Apps and features.
- Next, click on Advanced options and select the Reset option.
These are the effective hacks, using which, you will be able to fix the Skype database error without any hassle. Now, if you require any further guidance, you can directly contact an expert who can guide you in a better way. Share your valuable thoughts with us by commenting.