[Fixed] Microsoft Office Error Code 1058-4Jessica G. Lee
Microsoft Office is an important application that is used in our daily life. But there are certain errors that are encountered by the users while they are trying to use it. Microsoft Office error code 1058-4 is one of them. This issue occurs when Office 365 try to execute any update. As a result, you become unable to open MS Office, Word as well as Excel. The main reason for this error is bad connectivity.
Are you also a sufferer of the same issue? Then this article will be beneficial for you. Have a deep look at the entire article and go through all the procedures that are stated.
Causes Behind Microsoft Office Error Code 1058-4
Microsoft Office is much preferred by a huge number of users but still, it shows some error code including Microsoft Office error code 1058-4. We are going to discuss some causes that are responsible for this issue.
- When the proxy is enabled, you might get this error code in your PC.
- If system files get corrupted, then this error code appears on the screen and won’t allow you to open Microsoft Office.
- If your device has any antivirus software then this can be equally responsible for this error code. Because it sometimes blocks the process while installing MS Office.
- By chance, if your Windows registry gets damaged then error code 1058-4 can also occur.
- If you are connected with an unstable or poor internet connection, then you will not be able to open MS Office as well.
Indications of Microsoft Office Error Code 1058-4
As soon as you get the issue you might face some symptoms which can restrict you from opening the MS Office. Have a look at some of the symptoms of the error code 1058-4.
- This error code constantly appearing on the screen.
- The performance of your computer deteriorates.
- The installation of MS Office may stop unexpectedly.
Effective Procedures to Resolve Microsoft Office Error Code 1058-4
Here, in this section, you will find some foolproof method that will surely cooperate you to fix the issue on your own. So let’s start the discussion.
Solution 1: Disable Firewall
- The very first thing you have to do is to tap on the Start button.
- After that, launch the Control Panel.
- Now, Move to the System and Security option and click on the Windows Firewall to open it.
- Then, choose the “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” icon and click on it.
- At the final step, you have to choose “Turn-off firewall for both private and the public network”.
Solution 2: Disable Antivirus
You can also try disabling the antivirus program you are using to fix this error code 1058-4 on your Windows PC. The process of disabling an antivirus will vary. However, if Windows Defender is the only antivirus you are using, then you can follow the steps below to disable it.
- Click on the Start button.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Now, select Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane followed by Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Now, in the Settings, click on the link named Virus & Threat Protection settings.
- Now, you can toggle off the Real-time protection, Cloud protection and the other options from there.
Solution 3: Remove and Reinstall MS Office
If none of the above methods is workable for you in order to get rid of the Microsoft Office error code 1058-4 then it is required to delete MS Office from your device and then reinstall it.
Remove MS Office
- At first, you have to tap on the Start option.
- After that, navigate to the Control Panel and click on it.
- Now, choose the Programs and Features icon and click on the search icon.
- Now search for MS Office installed in your device and choose the Uninstall option.
- Keep waiting while the uninstallation process is going on. When the uninstallation process completes, you have to reinstall it properly.
Reinstall MS Office
- First of all, launch “Office my account”.
- After that, you need to log in to the Office account by using the registered email ID and password that was linked with your MS Office account.
- Now, tap on the Install icon. You will find the option under the Office Product.
- Next, save the installer setup and execute it when the installation gets completed.
- It is recommended to never close the screen while it is downloading.
- After finishing the installation, tap on the Finish option.
- Finally, check if you are still facing the particular error code 1058-4 or not.
We hope that this article will help you to fix the Microsoft Office 2013 error code 1058-4. If any sort of doubt arises on your mind you can surely leave your comment in the box below.