How to Fix Skype Runtime Error 216 Windows 10?Jessica G. Lee
Skype is one of the most successful video calling applications across the globe. But, it doesn’t mean that the application is glitch-free.
However, Skype might get affected due to some issues or glitches which causes an error. Among these, Skype runtime error 216 is one of the most complex ones. The runtime errors mostly happen due to the misconfiguration of system files that affect directly to the registry files.
In most of the cases, the runtime error happens due to some problem within Skype’s program. So, if you are dealing with the same error and looking for a permanent solution to fix it, then this article will definitely guide you on how to resolve error code 216 in Skype.
In this article, we will explore all the probable causes and the top-notch solutions to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Skype Runtime Error 216
There are several causes which affect the skype program and results in Skype runtime error 216 Windows 10. This error mainly occurs due to a faulty graphics card or the driver installed on your PC.
Dead registry files or the corrupted system files are another prime suspects for this issue. If you are using the outdated version of Skype, then it will also cause runtime error 216.
However, we have enough potential solution to escape from this error code. In the next segment, we will discuss some major hacks that you can try to terminate the Skype issue.
Effective Methods to Fix Skype Runtime Error 216 in Windows 10
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to terminate error 216 in Windows 10. You can go through these solutions until you have the error code 216 fixed.
Method 1: Remove the Graphics Card Driver from the Device Manager
Sometimes the Graphics Driver can often cause Skype error 216 on your computer. Hence, you need to remove that graphics card directly from the Device Manager in order to sort out this issue.
Go through the steps discussed below to make the changes.
- Open the Windows Search bar from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After that, type “Device Manager” into the search pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters section from the top of the screen and locate the Graphics card.
- Right-click on that option and select Uninstall.
- After that, click on the Delete the Driver option when the Confirmation menu appears and then click on the OK button.
After successfully deleting the Graphics Card Driver from your PC, restart the computer and see if the error code 216 is now resolved or not.
Method 2: Clean the Windows Registry Files
Windows registries are such files that usually stores all the pieces of information and the settings on your PC. However, there might be several faults in registry files which results in several error codes.
You need to delete all those registry files to get rid of this runtime error. Go through the steps given below in order to complete the task:
- Turn on your computer and click on the Windows Start button to continue with the process.
- When the Windows search panel opens, type “Command” in the Search box and while pressing the Ctrl + Shift key. Tap on the Enter button.
- After that, click on Yes when a permission dialogue box opens.
- Now, this will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “regedit” in the box and tap the Enter key to proceed to the next.
- Select the Task Host Windows related entries from the Registry Editor folder. And, select the Export option from the File menu which is at the end of the results.
- Select the folder in the Save list where you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected Branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then, the file will be saved as “.reg file extension”.
After completing all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and see if the Skype error exists or not. If you are facing any issue regarding this error code, try another method.
Method 3: Repair the Windows Corrupted System Files
As it was discussed above that the corrupted system files can result in Skype Runtime error code 216.
Hence, you need to repair all the Windows corrupted files in order to get back your application as earlier.
- Open the Run Command box by pressing the Windows + R keys at the same moment.
- Type “cmd” into the Search pane and tap the Enter key or just click on OK to invoke Command Prompt.
- After that, click on Run as Administrator option.
- On the next screen, when the DISM command box appears, type “dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” into the box and tap on the Enter key.
- Now, type “sfc/scannow” into the Command box and tap on the Enter key.
- After that, wait until the task is completed and click on Finish when you are done.
Method 4: Upgrade the Skype Application on your PC
If all of the above methods fail, then this method is the only hope to terminate this runtime error. Just update the Skype app.
- At first, double-click on the Skype application to launch it on your computer.
- After that, Sign in to the Skype application by entering the Email ID and the password.
- Now, locate the Skype toolbar from the upper corner of the screen and select the Update option.
- At last, click on the Check for Updates option and wait until the server founds the latest version to download on your PC.
After completing all the above steps accurately, download the latest version and install it manually. Restart the computer after installation and you are no longer affected by Skype runtime error code 216.
We have shared all the effective methods in order to get over the Skype runtime error 216. In case, the issue still persists or the above methods fail, then there might be some other issues or the hardware faults.
In that case, consult with a software engineer or take professional guidance for better results.