Skype Disk I/O Error: Fix It With Proven StepsJessica G. Lee
Skype Disk I/O error is one of the most common and frustrating error messages that is often encountered by Skype users. Usually, this error appears in a Skype application when the users try to login into their account. Besides this, the error can also be triggered by some simple software misconceptions of the OS and application. Hence, users can resolve them with the help of proper troubleshooting steps. Now, if you want to know about those troubleshooting methods then follow this article to the end. This is because we have provided every possible solution to this error message here. Now, without wasting any time let’s have a look at them.
Causes of Skype Disk I/O Error:
In this section of the article, we have provided some examples of the major causes of Skype unable to sign in due to a disk i/o error message. Have a look at them.
- The Skype application isn’t open up properly.
- File corruption issue in the Skype User Login folder.
Now, if you have analyzed all the major causes of this error message then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Solutions for Skype Disk I/O Error:
In order to remove the Skype unable to sign in due to a disk i/o error message, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solution. And those solutions are provided in the area below. Have a look at them and try to perform as instructed in the steps.
Restart The Skype Application
Most of the time, you will encounter this error in your Skype application when it is not opened up properly. And to resolve that issue, you need to restart the application. To perform that restart method on your system, follow the given instructions.
- Open the Task Manager window by pressing the Ctrl key + Alt key + Del key and then tap on the Process tab.
- In that tab, you need to locate and select all those options and services which are connected with the Skype application and then click on the End Task button.
After doing that, relaunch the Skype application and check whether the error is appearing or not.
Delete the Skype User Login Folder
Another thing that can cause this error in your Skype application is the file corruption issue in the Skype User Login folder. And in order to remove that issue, you need to delete that folder from your system. Now, to execute this folder remove process, follow the given steps.
- Click on the Start icon and type Control Panel on the search bar. Now, in the result section, you will get a shortcut option for the Control Panel window. Click on it.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, click on the Tool option. This will open a scroll down menu on the window. In that menu, you will get the Folder Options. Click on it.
- A pop-up window will open on the screen. There you need to locate the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option and then fill the box present beside that option. Now, click on the Apply option and then Ok button to save all the changes.
- After that, press the Ctrl key + E key to launch the Windows Explorer. Then, navigate to the C:\users\<your windows username>\Appdata\Roaming\Skype folder.
- Inside that folder, you need to locate and select on that folder which is labeled as your Skype users name. Then, right-click on that folder and select the Delete option from the appeared context menu.
Once you have done that, reboot your system and open the Skype application in order to verify the status of the Skype disk i/o error.
We hope that our solution and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the Skype disk i/o error. Now, if you need more information on this topic or any other tech-related stuff then keep following our upcoming articles.