Skype Can’t Connect Error: Fix This Annoying Issue With Easy-to-Apply StepsJessica G. Lee
Skype can’t connect error is one of the most common error messages of the Skype application which appears once in a while. This error message is usually caused by some software misconfiguration of the Windows OS and the application. However, in some situations, this error is created by the hardware problems of the Network device and system. Now, if you are one of those users who are facing this error in their Skype application, then follow this article. This is because we have provided all the possible solutions to fix this error message here. Now, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them.
Main Causes of Skype Can’t Connect Error Windows 10:
There are many types of problematic factors that might be the reason behind generating this error message on your Skype application. We have provided some examples of those problematic factors in the area below. Have a look at them.
- Skype Server is down
- The Skype application and the Windows OS are outdated
- Misconfigurations in the Network settings.
- Internet connectivity problems
- Faulty Network device
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of Skype can’t connect error, then let’s have a look at its solutions.
Exceptional Ways to Resolve Skype Can’t Connect Error Windows 10 Error:
In order to resolve the Skype can’t connect error, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solutions. In this section of the article, we have provided some of the most effective solutions to this error. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed.
Check the Status of Skype Server
If you suddenly encounter this error in the Skype application, then the first thing that you should check is the status of the Skype server. For that, follow the given instructions.
- Open the Skype application and click on the Help option.
- Now, a scroll down menu will open up on the screen. There you need to click on the Heartbeat option.
After that, you will get the status of the Skype server on your default web browser. If something gets wrong with the Skype application or server, then you will see this error message on the browser. However, if you don’t receive any error message on the web browser, then it means something else is causing this error on your Skype application. Therefore, you need to use the below methods to solve them.
Update the Skype Application to the Latest Version
Usually, this error appears in the Skype application if it is suffering from an outdated application issue. In order to solve that problem, you need to update your application to the latest version. Now, to perform this method on your Skype application, follow the given instructions.
- Launch the Skype application and then click on the Help option. This action will open a scroll down menu on the screen. On that menu, you need to click on the Check for updates option
- Now, a pop-up window on the screen. There you need to select either the Update Classic Skype option or you might even try the new Skype option.
Apart from the above-mentioned steps, you can also download the latest updates from the official website of Skype or Microsoft and then install them manually. However, if this solution didn’t work for you, then look for the other solutions which are given in this article.
Look for Available Windows Update
Now, if your Skype application is fully updated, then the next thing that you should look for is Windows Updates. To perform that process on your system, follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows key + I key to open the Setting windows. In that window, you need to click on the Update & Security option.
- This will open the Update & security window on the screen. There you will get the Check for updates option. Click on it.
Now, the Update tool will search for all those Windows updates which are compatible with your system. If the Update tool is able to locate some update files, then it will automatically download and install them on your system. After doing that, see if your Skype application is connecting or not.
Reset your Network Settings
Sometimes, Skype can’t connect error Windows 10 occurs because of the improper network settings of your system and resetting them can fix those issue. Now, to execute the network setting method on your system, follow the given solutions.
- Open the WinX menu by pressing the Windows key + X key at the same time. Then, click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option to launch the Command Prompt window with Administrative rights.
- Now, on the Command Prompt window, you need to type the following command lines and hit the Enter key at the end of each line.
netsh winsock reset;
netsh int ip reset;
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled;
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled;
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled;
netsh int tcp show global
Once you have done that, reboot your system and verify the status of the error message.
Now, if you are unable to remove this error message from the Skype application with the help of above-mentioned solutions, then it might be possible that Skype can’t connect error is appearing on your Skype application because of some network device hardware issue or internet connection problem. Thus, to rectify those problems in the most effective way, you should consult with a technical expert.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you in resolving this particular error from your Skype application. But, if you need more information on this topic or any other tech-related kind of stuffs, then keep following our upcoming articles.