Microsoft Office Error Code 30068-4: The Best Ever FixesJessica G. Lee
Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 appears while installing, updating or opening the Microsoft Office application on the system. There can be several reasons for this issue. Incomplete installation or an outdated version of Windows system is one of the common reason behind the occurrence of this problem. If the Windows Defender firewall is enabled then you might see this error code on your PC. Any third-party antivirus software can also be responsible for this error code on the device. If the installation file is corrupted or damaged then this problem might arise on your computer.
After encountering this error code, the Microsoft Office application often gets frozen. If you are also facing this error code on your system, then you are in the right place. In this guide, you’ll find some of the easy and quick methods to solve this particular problem that you have encountered on your PC.
Effective Methods to Resolve the Microsoft Office Error Code 30068-4
Before beginning with any methods, firstly, you should reboot the system. Sometimes, rebooting the system can fix various problems on your computer. After rebooting the system, if you still get the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 on your computer, then you need to try the under-mentioned methods to fix the Microsoft office 365 error code 30068-4.
Method 1 – Turn Off the Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender firewall can prevent the Microsoft Office from the installing and thus this error code can get generated on the system. So you must turn off the Windows Defender firewall feature on your computer. If you do not know how you can disable it then follow these steps:
- First of all, you should hold down the Windows button and press the X key to open the WinX Menu list.
- From the Menu list, you will find an application Control Panel, select it.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double click on the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, you can go to the left side panel and select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off button.
- On the right side of the window, you have to click on the Turn off Windows Firewall button for both the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings box.
- Once you are done with these steps, click on the OK button to save it.
- After doing this, restart the device and then try to install the Microsoft Office.
Method 2 – Uninstall the Security Software
After disabling the Windows Defender Firewall feature if the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 is still bothering you, then you can simply remove the security software that you are using on your computer. To remove it follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the Search Panel, type Control Panel and hit the Enter key.
- When the Control Panel window opens, you will see the Programs and Features section, select it.
- In the Programs and Features tab, you will find the Security software. Select the Uninstall option to remove it.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, you can simply reboot the system.
Method 3 – Perform the SFC Scan
File corruption can cause the Microsoft office 365 error code 30068-4 on your computer. You can easily fix this issue with the help of the SFC tool. This tool will help you to repair the system files and eliminate this problem from the system. The following steps will help you:
- You can press the Win + X keys together to launch the WinX Menu list and then choose the Command Prompt(Admin) application.
- You need to type the following command in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter key to run the command SFC/scannow
- Once the scanning process completes, reboot the device.
Method 4 – Reset the Proxy
This is another easy method that we have provided to resolve this problem on the system. This works by resetting the proxy. To do so follow the steps given below:
- You need to hold the Windows button and along with the S key to open the Search Panel.
- In the Search box, type cmd, right-click on the Search result and then select Run as administrator.
- Type netsh winhttp reset proxy in the Command Prompt and then press the Enter button to run this command.
- Once the command completes its task, restart the Windows system.
Method 5 – Remove Microsoft Office and Install It Again
When you see the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 on the system, you can remove the Microsoft office and then again install it properly. To do so follow these steps:
- First, you should press the Win + R buttons to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel in the Run box and then press the Enter key or click on the OK button.
- You need to go to the Programs and Features section from the Control Panel.
- From that section, scroll down the list and find Microsoft Office. Then you’ll see an option named Uninstall, click on it.
- After uninstalling MS Office, you can again install it from the Official website of the Microsoft.
- Go to the official website of the Microsoft and search for the latest version of Microsoft Office and then download it by clicking on the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, install it. When you install it, you should read the onscreen instructions to perform the action correctly.
Method 6 – Reset the Internet Explorer
Resetting the internet explorer application is another method through which you can fix the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 on your computer. To reset it, follow these steps:
- At first, you need to open the Run box by pressing the Windows Home button and R key.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK button.
- When the Internet Properties window opens, you need to take the mouse to the Advanced tab and select the Reset option.
- In the next window, you’ll see a confirmation page open. Select the YES button to start the process.
- Once the process is complete, restart the device and then check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 7 – Perform a Clean Boot
If the above methods do not work, then you can use this method to fix the error 30068-4 on your PC. You have to perform a clean boot of your computer. Follow these steps mentioned below:
- You need to press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run window.
- Type msconfig in the Run window and then select the OK button or press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- From the System Configuration window, you need to move the cursor to the Services tab and then mark on the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- After that, you can select the Disable All button. Then select the Apply button and then click on the OK option.
- Next, you need to click on the Restart button to restart the process.
- After completing this, you have to try installing Microsoft Office.
Method 8 – Update the Operating System
When you install the Microsoft Office on your PC, you need to check whether the Operating System is up to date or not. Sometimes, the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4 occurs when you have not updated the system. So always you need to keep your computer update. To update it follow the steps:
- You can press the Windows key and I key together to open the Settings application.
- In the Settings window, you will see the Update and Security tab, double-click on it.
- From that section, you can select the Update tab on the left side panel.
- In the Update section, you can see the Check for updates button, select it to check whether any updates are present or not. If it shows up, you will get an option Update, click on it to start the update process.
- Once the task is complete, the system will automatically start.
Now, check if the error 30068-4 is resolved or not.
Hopefully, now, with all the methods discussed above, you can easily fix the Microsoft Office error code 30068-4. Go through these methods and apply the steps one-by-one on your PC to get rid of this problem. After performing these steps, if the problem still appears, then you can contact a professional for better assistance.